The NGO Open Gate, that commenced with its activities on October 1, 2002, set up as one of the most effective methods for prevention of human trafficking the only telephone service that offers information, prevention, and counseling to citizens, trafficked persons, as well as their families in the Republic of Macedonia. The mission of the SOS Line is to reduce the risk of human trafficking by way of raising public awareness and procuring information and assistance to the SOS clients. There are two SOS lines at the Open Gate/La Strada: one fixed number, 2777-070 and another, 0800 11111, where the latter is toll free for all the public calls from the Republic of Macedonia. Both lines run every days, from 8 A.M to 8 P.M.
The SOS Line represents one kind of prevention against human trafficking and direct support to the victims of the same. It can best be evinced from the services offered by the SOS Line: its work interweaves a whole array of activities both from the field of prevention and from the field of direct support.
Informative/Preventive support of the SOS Line:
- Information for safe departure or work abroad
Information about safe migration
- Information on the precautionary measures when traveling abroad.
- Information about the labor legislation in the country of destination.
- Information necessary for examining employment contracts.
- A list of registered agencies that offer employment in Macedonia and abroad
- Information on licensed employment agencies.
- A phone list and addresses of other international and non-government organizations that handle the problem of human trafficking;
- A list of other SOS lines for other types of help on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia;
- A phone list for assistance against human trafficking abroad;
- Phone numbers and addresses of Macedonian embassies abroad; available on the website of the MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
- Phone numbers and addresses of foreign diplomatic consulates in the Republic of Macedonia; available on the website of the MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
- Phone numbers of the centers for social work in the Republic of Macedonia;
- A list of the visa regime for the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia; available on the website of the MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
- A list of the visa regime for the aliens in the Republic of Macedonia; available on the website of the MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
- Extant laws on fighting human trafficking;
SOS direct suppot:
Basic legal advice
Information and assistance in trouble
Assistance in establishing contacts with relevant institutions
Contact and accommodation in a shelter
Ensuring direct contact for support and help to potential and victims of trafficking and theirs family.
All the services of the SOS Line are also accessible via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and available for everyone, regardless of their sex, national, or ethnic background.
ToR national consultant for action plan and training on the Unified SOPs Macedonia
Terms of Reference
Five years on, Clean Clothes Campaign commemorates Rana Plaza workers
Five years on, Clean Clothes Campaign commemorates Rana Plaza workers and calls for a recommitment for meaningful change in the garment industry
Today five years ago, the Rana Plaza building in Bangladesh collapsed. Thousands of workers at their sewing machines in the five factories that the building housed were buried in the collapsed structure ‑ 1,134 of them died, thousands more were injured. On this day our thoughts are with the families who lost loved ones five years ago and with the survivors that have to live with the memories of that dreadful tragedy. Please for more information open this link: Five years on
New regional initiative of the IRIS NETWORK
New regional initiative of the IRIS NETWORK
Joint meeting, Skopje, March 2, 2018, hosted Open Gate
The purpose of the meeting is to present the new opportunities for cooperation and support for members of the IRIS network.
For more information about the project, please see the following link: http://iris-see.eu/new-regional-initiative-of-the-iris-network-csos-for-protection-sensitive-migration-management/
Developing a data collection system for monitoring the situation of violence against children
Workshop on "Developing a data collection system for monitoring the situation of violence against children" January 30 - February 1, 2018, Veles
CREATE HOPE Humanitarian art bazaar of handicrafts
CREATE HOPE is the motto of the Humanitarian Art Bazaar of handicrafts created by refugees to be held in honor of #WorldRefugeeDay.
139 refugees and migrants created over 100 pieces of jewelry, ornaments and pictures as part of the 15 art therapy workshops held in transit centers Tabanovce and Vinojug and reception center Vizbegovo.
The artifacts will be on sale, and the funds raised will be used to support the needs of refugees and migrants in Macedonia.
USAID's Migrant and Refugee Human Rights Protection Project, implemented by Macedonian Young Lawyers Association in cooperation with Open Gate - Open Gate: La Strada Macedonia invites you to be part of this event and to contribute to strengthening public awareness of refugees and to the welfare of these people.
USAID Macedonia #withrefugees #refugeeday